You hold a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree with excellent marks, preferably in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science. You have a profound understanding of numerical algorithms, electromagnetic field theory, experience with field simulation and/or accelerator physics and technology. You are interested in one or more of the following research disciplines
- mathematical modelling and simulation, in particular of real world electromagnetic and multiphysical problems
- numerical analysis of algorithms, for example for the solution of differential equations and their software implementation
- computer aided design of particle accelerator components, electrical energy transducers and electromechanical systems
and you have good knowledge of German and/or English.
We offer positions ranging from scholarships to full-time salary for 3 to 5 years for Ph.D. students and up to 3 years for PostDocs (m/f/d). Your desk at the institute is equipped with a state-of-the-art workstation and a laptop. We allow and pay for 1 to 3 conferences or workshops per year. Free of cost language and soft-skill courses are offered by the young researchers network E13 of the university and participation is encouraged. We provide scientific supervision, technical support as well as a friendly, international and stimulating working atmosphere. Ingenium
Step 2: If you apply for a PhD position, read the and make sure that you qualify for a research position. Postdoc applicants shall ensure that their PhD title is valid in Germany. admission requirements of the department
Step 3: Send your application, organised as a single pdf- file smaller than 10 MB to sebastian.schoeps@tu-… and email@example.com-….
Your file should contain the following items:
- A cover letter including a motivation for the application. Please mention your postal and email address, preferred position and earliest date of appointment.
- (in case of a free application) a 2-page research plan
- curriculum vitae, date of birth, university education, previous appointments, language knowledge and computer skills
- list of publications (if any) ordered as publications in international journals and publications at international conferences
- electronic copies of two representative papers (if any, otherwise an electronic copy of your master thesis)
- electronic copies of diplomas and prizes for science (moderate resolution is sufficient)
- examination grades attained in all study years and a short explanation of the grading system used